Desktop Support Specialist at AlertMedia
The Desktop Support Specialist will work with other IT staff to provide our employees with fast and friendly support with all of their technology needs. This includes diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading Windows & Mac machines, servers, phones and critical software applications as necessary to ensure smooth operation.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated, organized team player who is passionate about both technology and customer service. You are a self-starter who enjoys a challenge and thrives in a fast-paced environment providing efficient support to fellow employees. You love figuring out how computers work, learning new things, following the latest OS updates, and have a healthy respect for patch management.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the emergency communication software industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations to keep their people safe, informed, and connected during critical events. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government, and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Respond to incoming calls, tickets, slack messages and “drive-by’s” regarding computer or equipment problems
- Effectively document relevant information in a work order system
- Provide first level support of end users technology related issues in a prompt, courteous manner
- Install and configure laptops and peripheral equipment according to standards and guidelines
- Assist with support of multifunction Printers
- Help maintain accurate inventory records of all technology equipment
- Maintain hardware and software compliance by helping to ensure all hardware and software is kept up to date
- Help maintain VOIP phone systems
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a technology support role
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Windows 10 and Mac OS required
- Comfortable with Active Directory
- Experience with Okta a plus
- Experience with Azure a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office application suite
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocol and basic network troubleshooting skills
- Tons of energy, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to effectively work cross-functionally
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical,Dental,Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- An exciting and positive work environment
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.