Desktop Support Technician - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is hiring for a Desktop Support Technician to join our IT department to be the first point of contact for Amherst employees experiencing any technical support related issues including but not limited to; software applications, desktop hardware, IP telephony services, and printing. You will work at our HQ office at Capital of Texas Highway and may need to support employees in our other Austin offices.
Founded in 1993, Amherst is a financial services company headquartered in Austin, TX. We offer a wide array of brokerage, investment banking and advisory services covering the residential, commercial mortgage and structured finance markets for global institutional investors. We’ve developed cutting edge proprietary analytical tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our broker-dealer, origination and asset manager lines of business.
- Interact with Amherst employees over the phone, in person or via video conferencing to bring resolution to reported issues
- Diagnose and research complex issues involving multiple networked systems
- Provide excellent customer service in demanding situations
- Escalate issues to systems & network engineering or security as appropriate
- Manage hardware and software inventory and accurately forecast equipment needs and acquire necessary components to ensure consistent delivery of service to employees
- Install and configure hardware and software on desktop computers and laptops
- 3+ years of desktop support supporting medium to large size businesses
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Windows 7, 10 and Office 2016
- Experience supporting Mac hardware and OS/iOS platforms
- Experience utilizing MDMs such as Meraki and JAMF
- Process-driven with experience utilizing IT ticketing systems
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively identify areas of needed improvement
- Experience with Jabber or Slack and Cisco Call Manager is preferred
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. for equipment installation
- Ability to crouch beneath desks for workstation installation
- Ability to work on ladders for wireless system maintenance, etc.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Read Full Job Description