Desktop Support Technician at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
As our Desktop Support Technician, you will interact with Amherst employees over the phone, in person, or via video conferencing to resolve reported issues. This position will require a person who is professional in appearance and personality. A successful candidate will have extensive customer service experience, technical support, and troubleshooting as it applies to computers, networking, IP telephony, AV, and applications. You will interact with a team of Senior Technicians and system administrators, providing clear and concise information when escalating issues are required. This position requires working onsite.
- Diagnose and research complex issues involving multiple networked systems
- Assist employees in the configuration or troubleshooting issues with mobile devices (iPhone, iPads, Laptops, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service in demanding situations
- Escalate issues to systems & network engineering or security as appropriate
- Manage hardware and software inventory and accurately forecast equipment needs and acquire necessary components to ensure consistent delivery of service to employees
- Install and configure hardware and software on desktop computers and laptops
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Monitor tickets in a ticketing system.
- Troubleshoot, triage, and resolve trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware and software.
- Communicate plan, progress, and issues promptly.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings, weekends, and on-call with little advanced notice.
- Associates degree preferred and 3-5 years customer support/Help Desk experience is required. Instead of a degree, at least two additional years in a professional IT-related and/or business-related role
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of MS operating systems and applications
- Working knowledge of IOS and Android
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment
- Required: A+, N+ Certification
- Desired: ITIL, MCP, and HDI Certifications
Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. for equipment installation
Ability to crouch beneath desks for workstation installation
Ability to work on ladders for wireless system maintenance, etc.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.