BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are looking for a Director of Business Applications to optimize internal business systems and architecture to deliver our strategic objectives with maximum operational efficiency. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading diverse technical teams with development and operational responsibilities while championing a culture of on-time delivery and service leadership. As the highly-visible senior leader of an in-demand technical organization, concise communication skills, good judgement, focused prioritization, and cross-functional collaboration must be second-nature. By shepherding the team of highly-motivated engineers and technologists through career growth and development, this role will insure a healthy culture of innovation and experimentation while balancing the demands of the business.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a global team of engineers, developers, architects and other technologists with responsibility for the internal technology stack that enables business operations
- Demonstrate effective cross-functional collaboration and customer-oriented service principles with key business stakeholders in Revenue Operations, Customer Service and Engineering
- Establish and oversee processes and procedures to deliver cross-functional business objectives while minimizing waste - create scale within the organization.
- Ensure visibility into critical project delivery and overall support velocity with regular, detailed reports and readouts
- Identify delivery risks and implement controls to detect, mitigate, and/or prevent failure
- Drive operating leverage by setting ambitious goals and managing teams to the very highest performance standards
- Leverage current technologies and best practices to ensure high quality delivery
- Oversee Design to Develop to Release
Who You Are
- A results-oriented, cross-functional business leader with 8+ years experience in Engineering, Operations or Information Technology
- Experienced team leader and manager, with 5+ years of people management experience and a dedication to service-oriented leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- An ardent student of business technology with many years of experience in CRM systems (Salesforce preferred) and exposure to common technology solutions in marketing automation, subscription billing and partner relationship management
- Cross-functional leader with indirect influence finesse and excellent stakeholder management; inspires confidence and collaboration across departmental boundaries
- Data-driven decision maker with a high level of business acumen
- Exceptional management & organizational skills enabling real time prioritization, an effective intake process for the team and a strong ability for holding the team accountable to results
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings