At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other aerospace applications. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you! We are actively pursuing passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are seeking an experienced Director of IT to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience managing IT employees, bridging communication with other departments, generating IT requirements, developing systems, and implementing solutions that are aligned with our company’s objectives. A successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to ensure smooth, secure, and consistently updated technical operations within our rapidly growing organization.
As the Director of IT, you will be responsible for growing and managing the entire Information Technology department and ensuring that Cesium technology systems meet the needs of the company. You will also work closely with senior leadership to develop technology policies to be administered throughout the company.
- Overseeing all IT operations including staff and infrastructure in several geographically distributed offices.
- Creating a clear and progressive company IT roadmap to address all current and future needs.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating IT projects in line with organizational objectives.
- Liaising with other departments, determining and addressing their IT needs and requirements.
- Managing and mentoring employees in the IT department.
- Ensuring the maintenance of current projects and technology systems.
- Assisting with software requirements, sourcing, evaluation, and implementation.
- Identifying vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement.
- Proposing strategic solutions and recommending new procedures, systems, and software.
- Preparing company-wide IT financial budgets and performance reports.
- Ensuring reported issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Providing training on IT policies, practices, and procedures to all employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years in IT operations and at least 4 years in a manager role within IT environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of ITAR and other security regulations in regards to data transfer, data backup, building access, and technology implementation.
- Proof of continued education such as certifications.
- Sound working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and developments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of urgency, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience in a start-up and/or hyper-growth company.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.