- Develop and lead a Program Management Center of Excellence to lead the planning, organizing, and integration of cross-functional technology and customer programs and/or projects to deliver specific measured results.
- Standardize the Enterprise Project/Program Management software, templates, professional standards, change management, communications, and methodologies, identifying opportunities for improvement and executing on improvement suggestions, ensuring effective adoption through change management principles.
- Implement performance dashboards at project, department, and executive levels for project/programs. Monitor and report on the performance of the Technology projects including actual vs. expected results, budgets, and project duration.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination among business process owners, project team members and Technology functions that participate and impact the results of the project development effort.
- Proactive planning of incoming work and coordination of Technology resources across the organization to align supply more optimally with demand
- Support producing an annual Technology roadmap and that is integrated into Bright’s business planning and budgeting processes. Facilitate the ongoing maintenance of the Technology Roadmap that includes Technology’s approach for resource management, governance, and technology.
- Work with Technology team to build and maintain SOX compliance evidence and reporting required by Internal Audit and external auditors.
- Work with Security, Compliance, Legal, Internal and External Audit to deliver audit evidence, reporting and answer questions needed to complete audits in a timely manner.
- Direct risk evaluation and compliance management processes to ensure risk appetite is aligned with functional capabilities, roadmaps, and target customer experiences.
- Lead PMO Analyst(s) and other indirect reporting support staff to meet this role’s objective.
Education, Training, Experience
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience managing complex Technology organizations, with at least 5 years leading a strategic IT or planning function
- At least 5 years of experience managing a $15M+ annual budget in support of business applications
- 5+ years of experience building and governing SOX best practices
- Bachelors’ degree in computer-related field or equivalent combination of education and IT work experience
- Healthcare experience preferred or experience operating in highly regulated industries
- Advanced knowledge and experience defining, implementing and managing ongoing portfolio management, strategic planning, program management, and Technology Governance processes.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the standard governance frameworks like COBIT, ITIL.
- PMI or PMP certification a plus
- Experience with enterprise-class software systems with external interfaces to third-party systems
- Experience managing both fixed-price and T&M contracts
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and project management tools
- Solid understanding of SDLC and experience in leading software development business initiatives
- Experience with scrum and other agile development methods
- Solid understanding of SOX compliance
- Experience with implementing Security governance controls (SOC2, NIST, HIPAA Security Rule Technical Provisions)
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally including acquisition integrations, new module or system implementations, systems selections and maintenance / hot fix updates
- Exceptional management & organizational skills enabling real time prioritization, an effective intake process for the team and a strong ability for holding the team accountable to results
Licensures & Certifications
- Project management certifications are preferred for this role. Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI-ACP) certification, Scrum Master (CSM) certification (Preferred)