Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist to join the EHS Team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring compliance, coordination, and continuous improvement of safety and environmental programs. The position is accountable for supporting and maintaining the safety & health programs and control measures for the site, as well as coordinating these efforts with various environmental compliance programs to protect all personnel and physical assets.
As an EHS Specialist, you’ll partner with the site leadership to integrate EHS programs and risk management systems into the organization’s responsibilities and expectations. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the ability to successfully prioritize and execute key deliverables aligned with team and organizational goals. You will have a growth mindset, feel empowered to take initiative, and lead by example while championing Procore’s values.
This position reports to the Director of Environmental Health and Safety and will be based in our Austin, Texas office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly, monthly, and YTD metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems
- Review and analyze incident records and make recommendations regarding corrective and preventive actions
- Identify, evaluate, and develop appropriate solutions to control or eliminate risk exposures
- Identify, interpret, and implement federal, state, and local safety, health, and environmental regulations and/or standards that pertain to the organization’s operations
- Train and assist others in completing designated safety and compliance responsibilities (audits, following safety rules, required training, etc.)
- Conduct risk assessments related to tasks being performed (Job Hazard Analysis) including ergonomics
- Assist with facility environmental programs in the areas of waste minimization, recycling, residual waste, universal waste, and wastewater management
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial Safety, Occupational Safety Management, or related experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Your professional EHS certification ASE, CSP, SMS or Certified 30 Hour OSHA Trainer Certification or be willing to achieve one within 2 years
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.