Executive Assistant (C-Suite)
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to work with the Senior Executive Assistant in supporting the CEO of Amherst and the President of Amherst Residential at our Austin headquarters. The person in this position will need to effectively work with both the CEO and President by providing high level administrative support and helping manage their daily activities. We desire an individual with a strong track record of success supporting C-level executives and the ability to have an immediate impact to the business through their advanced administrative, organizational, technical and communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain complex calendars in Outlook – schedule internal/external meetings, appointments, conference calls and special events - enter details and gather materials for upcoming meetings
- Coordinate itineraries and travel arrangements (air/ground travel, accommodations, etc.)
- Maintain confidentiality and exercising impeccable discretion
- Manage, track and report on the status of projects as assigned
- Prepare and edit a variety of correspondences, reports and presentations for both internal and external audiences
- Assist with Expense Management - Prepare and submit expense reports and ensure submission in a timely fashion (Concur experience a plus)
- Answer phones professionally, screen calls, address issues and redirect calls as needed
- Ability to perform during normal business hours in addition to supporting after hours as needed
- Personal tasks for Senior Executive and family members
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience in similar executive/administrative assistant roles with C-Level support experience; preferably within a financial services firm or similar environment
- Positive and proactive multitasker with a strong sense of urgency and a “get things done” attitude
- Business savvy with a consultative approach and the ability to extract information needed to successfully meet expectations
- Tech savvy with familiarity with administrative software tools and the ability to quickly learn and use new systems
- Exceptional attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential material and information, be
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity, able to make the right decision and execute on tasks in a timely fashion
- Technically strong with advanced Microsoft Office skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed
- Must be a team player
- Ability to learn procedures and systems quickly
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Read Full Job Description