Executive Assistant at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Executive Assistant – Austin, TX
Amherst is a vertically integrated real estate investment, development and operating firm with a full suite of real estate-related products and services designed to unlock broader access to opportunities for institutions and individuals. The Amherst platform provides a more efficient model for owning, managing and investing in real estate, with full-service capabilities that deliver an industry-leading, differentiated experience to its investors and residents. Underpinned by proprietary technology, robust analytics and a deep understanding of U.S. real estate markets, the platform combines national scale with local market expertise and on-the-ground execution to serve institutional investors, retail investors and consumers, driven by a mission to build quality homes and create sustainable communities. Over the past two decades, Amherst and its affiliated funds have acquired, renovated and operated more than 30,000 homes serving nearly 70,000 residents. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Amherst has more than $7 billion of assets under management across a range of debt and equity strategies, and more than 900 employees in 30 markets across the United States.
Amherst is looking for an Executive Assistant to join our fast-paced team in Austin, TX and provide executive level support to two leaders within Investment Management. This role requires advanced administrative, organizational and communication skills. The EA must be highly professional, polished, energetic, and have a positive and helpful attitude as they provide assistance to senior executives and ensure a welcoming office for our team members and visitors.
- Serve as the gatekeeper to the assigned executives: answer and screen calls professionally, address issues and redirect calls as needed
- Manage and maintain complex calendars in Outlook, assist with events, gather meeting materials
- Coordinate travel itineraries and arrangements
- Maintain and facilitate communication with senior firm leaders and external clients, which may require significant explanation, clarification and diplomacy
- Prepare and edit correspondences, reports and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Prepare and submit expense reports and ensure submission in Concur in a timely fashion
- Manage, track and report on the status of projects as assigned
- Provide support after hours as needed
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise impeccable discretion
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar executive/administrative assistant roles with C-Level support
- Positive and proactive multitasker with a strong sense of urgency and a “get things done” attitude
- Business savvy with a consultative approach and the ability to drive to an answer
- Technically comfortable, familiar with administrative software tools and able to quickly learn new systems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
- Recognize highly sensitive and confidential material and information and handle appropriately
- Flexible and comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment, executes in a timely fashion
- Technically strong with advanced Microsoft Office skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.