Executive Assistant at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be located in NY, CA, or TX or be willing to relocateExecutive Assistant
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Executive Assistant comes in.
About This Role
This job entails serving as the command center of our operations and driving our team towards success. The Executive Assistant helps members of our leadership stay focused on their top priorities and provides operational and administrative support on issues before they arise. You will have a seat at the table, along with the opportunity to grow your career and influence our business directly. You’ll act as a seamless extension of the CEO and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization.
On the day-to-day, your tasks will involve:
- Partnering with leadership to provide seamless support for the organization
- Proactively managing the CEO’s calendar with attention to accuracy, detail, and prioritization to maximize productivity
- Supporting the annual planning process and performance review cycles
- Attending high level meetings, taking notes, recording actions, and holding leadership accountable to the action items
- Inbox management and drafting email correspondences
- Upholding the highest level of confidentiality
This is a unique role that requires ambition, drive, and the ability to work with minimal oversight and guidance. Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with executive level calendar management
- Strong working knowledge of the Google Suite
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects, while maintaining deadlines and holding others to them
- A Marie Kondo level of organization
- Incredible communication skills—verbal, written, interpersonal—the whole gambit
- The ability to see the big picture and anticipate potential problems
In the first three months of this role, success means building relationships with senior leadership and fully owning email, calendar management, and meeting tracking for the CEO.
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)