General Manager, Orchard Title at Orchard
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Orchard is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 7x year over year. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role & Responsibilities
The General Manager of Title at Orchard will be a critical member of the leadership team, driving a superior customer experience for all Orchard Title customers and owning a multi-million dollar P&L. The GM of Title will be based in either our Dallas or Austin, TX offices and will report to the CEO, Court Cunningham.
Title & escrow services are the backbone for closing a real estate transaction and the industry has seen little change in the last decade. Orchard is building the best title customer experience in the country through a combination of technology and service innovations. The title team today consists of fourteen title officers, closing coordinators, and funders. Many of our customers cite their experience with their title officers and closing coordinators as a top reason they’d refer us to a friend.
As GM of Title, you will:
- Own the P&L and customer experience for Orchard’s title business
- Hire 35+ service team members over the next 18 months
- Build & refine scalable processes and systems to enable the Orchard team to deliver consistently against goals.
- Collaborate with Sales and Product Management using data to diagnose problems, develop actions plans, and drive operational excellence.
- Be a champion for Orchard throughout the marketplace.
- Help us drive workplace and cultural norms that align with Orchard’s company values.
The KPIs this role will be particularly focused on are on-time customer closings, customer satisfaction, timeline SLAs, and operational efficiency.
Required Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of success in managing teams and driving business results
- Proven ability to hire and train teams
- Strong systems thinker who leads teams though a combination personal leadership and process discipline.
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement.
- Some domestic travel required in first year (assume ~25%)
- Experience working with product to design software to improve and optimize the performance of operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- Leadership skills to motivate team members of all levels and backgrounds.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions.
- Superior analytical skills, attention to detail with a data-driven mentality, and high intellectual curiosity. Propensity to question the status quo and search for ways to make it better.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs.
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”