DISCO was initially developed at a litigation boutique in Houston. It was born in 2013 out of the firm’s frustration with conventional ediscovery tools that were slow and difficult for lawyers to use. Instead of being forced to adapt our work methods, we wanted to invent technology that works the way lawyers work. DISCO was the result, and today we are the fastest-growing ediscovery solution in North America.Your Impact
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the General Manager (GM) will have commercial, financial, and operational responsibility for DISCO’s Managed Services and be based out of our Austin office. We are looking for a highly-motivated leader to join our team to provide experienced and energetic guidance. The GM position will be primarily responsible for leading the DISCO Managed Review team to create operational excellence, build diverse, high performing teams, and develop deep customer relationships. The GM will act as the single point of contact and business partner to DISCO’s executive team.What You'll Do
Executive Leadership Business Partnership
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the organization, while ensuring deliverables are met; have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs.
- Work with leadership to understand, develop and implement KPIs that are valuable to the business and provide access and visibility to meaningful and actionable data.
- Participate in regular financial reviews, quarterly business reviews, and forecast review meetings with key stakeholders.
Business Development & Operations
- Provide leadership, intellectual impetus, and urgency to continue to grow the business of existing customers.
- Maintain an ongoing assessment of competitive solutions and strategies with the intention to further penetrate the market with current offerings as well as expanded solution sets based on market needs.
- Effectively manage the Managed Review operations to ensure that the company can satisfy customer commitments in a profitable manner.
- Own the development and implementation of the business plan that includes key strategies, tactics, financial objectives, budgets, and talent needs.
- Identify and take on strategic projects, from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives including communication and business operations.
- Ensure high standards and service levels are provided by all internal support teams.
Leadership & Change Management
- Ensure a culture of creativity, entrepreneurship, and respect for team members.
- Drive cross-functional alignment of the Managed Review team by understanding the overall strategy for the team, forming a plan, executing, and monitoring progress.
- Ensure there is training, motivation, and development of team members to foster optimal performance.
- Use a continuous process improvement approach including analyzing knowledge and skills gaps and help address them; design optimal workflows and align internal processes; review, design, and execute improvements to organizational structure.
- You have experience building, developing, and leading diverse teams and creating best-in-class Managed Review business practices in a high-growth legal technology environment.
- You’re regarded as a highly credible, experienced, savvy general manager with a demonstrated track record in scaling and integrating businesses.
- You bring strategic thinking and strategic implementation leadership internally at the organizational-level and externally at the market-level, including the ability to: drive high-level program management coordination and strategic decision ownership across an organization, both within functions and cross-functionally; rapidly assess market opportunities worldwide and capitalize on them in a timely and productive manner.
- You have proven experience in scaling a business from market player to market leader status within the legal technology-enabled solutions marketplace.
- You have a strong, proven Managed Review background, including experience and proven aptitude running all aspects across all functions of an organization.
- You’re able to work autonomously in an entrepreneurial venture while operating with needed accountability.
- You’re considered a calculated risk-taker, a true visionary, and an evangelist for the company.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree
- Have an MBA
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $60 million, for a total of $195 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.