Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
A day in the life of an HCV Leasing Agent
The HCV Leasing Agent is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Leasing Department, including but not limited to: prospect management, application processing, and coordination with the local Housing Authorities in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as all company policies and procedures. This is a full-time position. This position will report to the Director of HCV Leasing.
- Ensure all HCV applicants are properly and efficiently qualified through the application process by collecting all required documentation (Voucher, ID, other applicable documents) prior to screening; screening applicants and requesting exceptions and providing exception documentation when necessary
- Collecting necessary documentation and communicating with the Housing Authority to ensure the Request for Tenancy Approval Packet (RTA) is completed in full
- Facilitating security deposit payments through an online portal
- Coordinating with the local Housing Authority’s case managers, inspectors, and staff to ensure HQS inspections are scheduled in a timely manner
- Placing and managing work orders, internal and external communication with vendors and technicians
- Review lease contracts to ensure lease quality and collect signatures
- Assist with lease revisions as needed
What you'll need to have
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years prior leasing administrative experience preferred
- Possesses exceptional communication and people skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of prospect and resident management systems is preferred
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
Just a few other things you should know
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a sedentary role while in the office. This role requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand on a stool as necessary, frequent walking and climbing of stairs required. This role requires travel to our properties and may be physically demanding. The ability to physically perform the following duties for prolonged periods of time is required: Unassisted lifting up to 50 pounds, Bending, Walking, Kneeling, Stretching, Able to work on step ladders or extension ladders up to 30 feet, Able to work in confined spaces, indoors and outdoors in all climates, and unclean environments with fumes, dust and poor ventilation while adhering to company safety requirements and programs, Able to perform all duties in a safe manner at all times
- Travel to our properties around the metro area will be required.
- Days of work are Monday through Friday, however, occasional evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.