Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We are looking for a proven and resourceful leader to run and grow Customer Success at Atlassian. Collaborating with cross-functional strategic leaders across Product, Analytics, and Support, this position will be instrumental in defining the strategic direction and operational strategies for Customer Success. This individual should chip in to identify areas for continuous improvement, contribute to policy definition and most importantly develop the talent in our CS organization. This role will collaborate with their peers to champion the support & success department's 3 year strategy and build out the Customer Success vision as a whole.
Our Enterprise Cloud customers are sophisticated, often with deep technical knowledge and a wide range of experience using our products. We are actively seeking someone who can create an amazing Customer Success program that can build an environment which attracts top talent and nurtures them through training programs. Create a culture that fosters accountability for stretch goals, provides open and regular feedback, and will consistently perform calibration exercises to always be raising the bar.
Success for you in this role looks like:
- Grow the leadership capability in the org through hiring and mentorship
- Attract and nurture top talent
- Monitor and optimize critical business processes and operational metrics
- Provide leadership direction and strategy with regards to our CS specific OKRs
- Anticipate the continuous evolution of Cloud customers and their needs in partnership with product, support, and analytics leadership
You will join our Customer Support & Success department at a really exciting time! Atlassian is growing rapidly year-on-year, and we want to scale intelligently while helping our customers unlock value from our products faster. This is an opportunity to play a major role in achieving that goal. Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge?
- Define and implement a strategy to improve customer experience, scale the team, develop talent, balance cost, lower churn, etc
- Identify and implement frameworks and programs that will develop support leadership and support engineering talent to be the best they can be
- Analysis of operational metrics to determine strategic wins and drive improvements that will increase value for cloud customers
- Implement, improve and standardize key processes to ensure consistent and reliable journey for customers
- Develop an environment and culture of customer tenacity throughout Atlassian
- Present strategy, key insights, financial/non-financial achievements, quarterly progress updates etc to partners in a compelling manner
- Collaborate with key knowledge partners (Cloud product leadership, Support & Success leadership, etc) to drive visibility of cloud support customer needs and ensure multi-functional collaboration
You would be a magnificent fit if...
- You have 8+ years of Director level experience in fast growing global SaaS success organization serving tech-savvy enterprise customers
- Leadership experience leading large teams to meet and exceed operational performance goals
- Experience managing managers and a proven track record to scale organizations up to 100+ in size
- You have experience in designing and implementing talent cultivating programs that grows strong leaders and strong success teams
- You have related experience in building a customer-centric culture that champions a customer first mentality
- You have demonstrated experience with interpreting data analytics to derive insight and drive customer value
- You can demonstrate success in cross functional influence and inspiring change in a matrices environment
- You are passionate about the customer and delivering focused measurable improvements
- Experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Get to know our team
The team is filled with top-notch customer-facing individuals that are excited to be building a new service offering and experience for our customers. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product as well as achieving our client's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with the customers, problem-solving, digging into sophisticated issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve our customer's Atlassian experience, the quality of our product, the caliber of our systems, or our own individual opportunities. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. When problems seem the hardest we are at our best, pushing harder for the root cause and a solution. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. We believe we can add significant value to the business by listening to the customer's experience, translating these into actions, and championing their short-term issues and long-term needs throughout the organization. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and is all about providing legendary service to our customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.