Head of Site Merchandising and Merchandising Operations at Spreetail
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:17 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 24, 2019
The Head of Site Merchandising and Operations is responsible for managing a team to optimize the customer’s discovery and selection of products on Spreetail.com and vminnovations.com to drive sales and profitability; and to execute and audit product setup across all channels. Leads Site Merchandising and Merchandising Operations team.
As the Head of Site Merchandising and Operations, you will:
- Collaborate on cross-functional seasonal planning process with Brand Marketing to develop and maintain a site content calendar for and to ensure alignment on showcasing relevant and seasonal categories, brands and products.
- Create a roadmap to deliver best-in-class product content and works with Technology teams to create custom tools and functionality that increase team efficiency. Find, fix, and prevent prevailing issues within our catalog that create friction for customers or cause returns across all channels.
- Build out product attributes, establish business rules and normalize size/color data to support rules-driven product placement, attribute-driven navigation and faceted navigation.
- Drive traffic and conversion through effective cross-category customer journeys and clickstreams, relevant search and navigation, product curation, product content, ratings & reviews and personalization relevancy.
- Drive incremental GMV while managing margin mix and work with Vendor Managers to align on site promotions and deals. Work with the Inventory team to ensure ideal inventory levels.
- Develop and monitor KPIs that support data-driven decision making around site features, product and content placement, and optimization of product content to deliver on business goals.
- 3+ years of site merchandising experience in a leadership role.
- 5+ years in ecommerce at a multi-category retailer, with a specialty in digital marketing, site merchandising, ecommerce operations, analytics or related field.
- 3+ years managing high performing teams that drive profitable growth and process efficiencies.
- Experience using content management systems, merchandising and analytics tools.
- Familiarity working with product teams and engineers and with wireframes and site development processes.
- Deals well with ambiguity. Can effectively execute among changing priorities & shift gears comfortably.
We believe in making employees’ lives easier with benefits that enhance their quality of life. To reward your hard work and dedication, Spreetail offers:
- Generous Vacation Time. Hourly team members enjoy 20 days of PTO each year and salaried employees are granted untracked PTO.
- Health Insurance. Spreetail pays your full monthly premium.
- Home Owner Bonus. After 2 years, Spreetail supports your purchase of a home with a $5k bonus.
- Company Trips. Each time we hit our goals, we fly to a new destination.
- 3 Year Island Getaway. You and a guest get a 5-star beach vacation.
- 5 Year Sabbatical. Take 10 days off to reward your time in the office.
- Donation Match. We match you dollar-for-dollar up to $250/year, and up to $1,000/year after 5 years.
- Stock Appreciation Rights. As Spreetail grows, so does your bank account.
- Leadership Development. We invest in making you a stronger team member.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Involves sitting most of the time, however walking and standing are required only occasionally
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound
Visual Acuity Requirements:
The visual requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
Read Full Job Description