IT Helpdesk Lead at OnlineMedEd
OnlineMedEd is focused on making adult learning as efficient and effective as possible. We improve learning by delivering personalized and adaptive experiences for users and institutions. Part education, part tech, we have strong traction in every medical school throughout the United States and 200k+ monthly active users in 192 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a full-time IT Helpdesk Lead to join our team. The IT Helpdesk lead provides technology-related support across the organization, including the administration and/or support of technology systems essential to the day-to-day business operations.
The helpdesk team plays an integral role in our daily operations by ensuring that our employees have the tools they need to assist our customers. Beyond handling escalated tickets, the IT Helpdesk Lead is responsible for developing, documenting, and improving our support processes. They also negotiate with vendors and continually research best-in-market core software.
What You’ll Do
- Create and manage both intra- and inter- teamwork processes that will boost the level of productivity, enhance excellence in communication, and monitor the level of service delivery in order to determine areas of lapses
- Manage our IT ticketing system, including ticket remediation, escalation, and reporting
- Define scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned projects
- Organize training and/or make arrangements for team members to receive training on the latest and best practices in handling related issues
- Keep clean records of all activities in the help desk department and present them to management upon request for evaluation
- Determine, track, and provide metrics concerning issues, problems, and work orders
- Address Tier 1 and Tier 2 helpdesk tickets, ensuring resolution and/or escalations
- Take responsibility for inventory and audit activities
- Manage the purchasing process for hardware, software and maintenance renewals
- Manage software licensing to employees
- Continually evaluate work stream needs to help suggest technology solutions to improve employee productivity and success.
Qualifications You'll Need
- 4 years of helpdesk experience in a corporate setting, preferably in a multi-site environment
- Experience supporting remote users
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to quickly build rapport with internal customers and manage positive relationships across the organization
- Ability to showcase good leadership skills to carry team members along
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach
- Working knowledge of Cloud and On-prem infrastructure approaches
- The perspective to see challenges as opportunities and translate them into actionable tasks
- Self-direction, flexibility, and ability to work independently Mac and iOS experience professionally and/or personally
- Interest in training and presentation
Skills That Will Help
- Demonstrated experience and proven success implementing changes, processes, and standards to improve an enterprise-wide service desk
- Professional troubleshooting experience
- Experience in successfully interacting with customers
- Customer experience and service focus
- Active listening skills with flexibility to modify approach according to others
- Ability to multi-task numerous applications
What We Offer
- Salary range: $85,000 - $125,000 DOE
- Selflessness: Our purpose is to make adult education accessible to everyone. We believe in putting the user first, team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your work without being micro-managed. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: We want you focused on doing your best work. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
- Benefits: We also provide enterprise-level health insurance, dental and vision insurance, fitness perks, volunteer opportunities, mental health resources, work equipment benefits, snacks and drinks in the office, and engaging (currently virtual) social activities.
OnlineMedEd was rated #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltinAustin and one of the top places to work in Austin overall. You can learn more about our company and culture on AngelList and Glassdoor.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.