SpyCloud is looking for an energetic, hands-on IT Manager to own our network and systems to support our simple, defendable, and highly available service environment using state-of-the-art solutions, automation, and adoption of a “Zero Trust” architecture.
Who You Are
You are a hands-on, security- and customer service-minded IT Professional with deep Linux and OSX skills. You love working in startups, because it means you get to be hands on and consistently makes this better while you plan for bigger things. Your ideal day includes managing IT operations, supporting, troubleshooting, and maintaining existing applications, systems, services, and networks while looking for the best new technical solutions. You love collaborating with other technology groups (such as, DevOps, Engineering, and Research) on a daily basis best meet the operational needs of the business.
What You’ll Do
- Define, implement and manage all things IT. From upgrade and migration strategies, to project planning to change control, to budgeting, and purchasing
- Define and oversee change management, deployment, monitoring, maintenance and patching, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and recovery for all IT systems, applications, and services
- Create, maintain, and enforce necessary documentation (policies, procedures, and standards) for architecture, security, compliance, disaster recovery, standardization, purchasing, and service provision)
- Ensure we meet information security and privacy requirements (i.e., operation of security appliances, monitoring, hardening, support of security initiatives and audits)
- Lead initiatives to promote service stability, maintainability, workforce productivity, and security.
- Develop, measure, and report on KPIs that help ensure adherence to agreed-on service level agreements, and make recommendations for improvements
- Maintain and negotiate vendor relationships (i.e., outsourcing, consultant, maintenance, warranty, and service agreements/contracts)
- Establish and maintain regular written and verbal communication with SpyCloud’s executives, department heads, end users, and other stakeholders regarding pertinent IT activities
- Keep up with the latest technologies and IT operations practices.
What You Bring
- Experience doing IT in startup and mature companies
- Skill with these key technologies:
- Configuration & Patch Management (JAMF)
- Collaboration & Productivity (G Suite)
- Security & Auditing (Bettercloud)
- Hardware Vendors (Meraki, Juniper)
- Directory Services (LDAP)
- Operating Systems (OSX, Linux
- Strong communications, whether written or verbal
- A reputation for getting things done because you’re organized and have a project management mindset.
- Ease working alone or as part of a team
- You can make sound decisions quickly and adapt them to meet changing situations
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- You seek out and solve the hardest, most meaningful problems