IT Network Security Engineer I
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The IT Network Security Engineer II is a member of the Forcepoint's internal IT team and is responsible for designing and implementing network security configuration, maintenance, and monitoring. This role ensures the uptime of network and related services while working closely with our security operations team to perform validation of security controls and compliance.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot daily network security issues.
- Assemble and configure firewalls, switches, routers, and related equipment.
- Design, evaluate, and promote new network security standards by developing operating procedures and streamlining related operations.
- Perform ongoing maintenance of global network including device replacement, ACL cleanup, and subnet migrations.
- Adhere to Change Control, Change Log, and Downtime Log procedures for all critical services.
- Monitor network and systems health, responding appropriately to network alerts and events.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in network security matters to projects inside and outside the department.
- Maintain service availability through administration of global server farms and delivery appliances.
- Provide documentation of projects, installations, and prepare network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Work a flexible schedule allowing maintenance during off-peak hours (late evening and weekend work as necessary).
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned