IT Portfolio Manager
Vista Equity Partners is seeking an outstanding IT Portfolio Manager to manage the successful delivery and execution of key IT projects in support of the organization's IT Roadmap and corporate objectives. In this role, they will manage key IT initiatives as well as build a foundation for a Project Management Office and support change management and business continuity activities across the enterprise. The Manager ensures that the IT Portfolio maximizes value creation through an optimal mix of IT investments that balance risk and reward while delivering successful outcomes for the business.
The IT Portfolio Manager will lead both strategic planning for the IT Portfolio and also actively manage projects including launches, change management and change control process throughout the life-cycle of programs. They will also support IT responsibilities under the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery functions.
The successful candidate is an experienced professional that uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues and technology to improve business outcomes as well as continuous improvement of project management practices. They can clearly articulate the vision and business benefits of programs and is perceived as the natural gateway for those both within and outside the program teams.
This role is based in Austin, TX and is for an immediate start.
IT Project, Program, Portfolio Management
- Project and program manage key IT initiatives using industry best practice tools and processes
- Develop, maintain and improve the IT organization's project and program management practices that focus on value creation and agility
- Exercise judgement in helping program teams select appropriate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria in obtaining results
- Develop and manage risk management plan and appropriately escalate risks and issues with proposed mitigation strategies and time frames
- Lead cross-functional teams including third party suppliers and contractors to successfully deliver projects and programs; Effectively source solutions across teams
- Portfolio management activities across the IT Roadmap including resource management, financial management (budget and forecasting), risk management, portfolio governance
IT Change Management and Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and engagement of IT initiatives and minimize resistance
- Work closely with cross-functional workstreams and business owners to achieve project goals, holding teams accountable for successful results
- Deliver effective communications at various levels of the organization building appropriate buy-in and transparency
- Represent IT in supporting the development, execution, and maintenance of enterprise business continuity strategy and roadmap leveraging a common enterprise framework
- Support IT System Owners to develop and maintain KPIs and metrics relevant to business continuity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or other related discipline
- 10+ years of progressive IT project and program management experience
- Industry certification preferred – PMI, ITIL, ADKAR/Prosci
- Expert understanding of diverse project management methodologies, project management systems and tools, and industry best practices for project management
- Strong experience working in common engineering and IT delivery environments using ITIL, Agile and traditional SDLC
- Knowledge of IT terminology and processes including engineering, IT service delivery, infrastructure and operations in order to make meaningful contributions to technical programs
- Prior experience as hardware/software engineer, quality engineer, business analyst preferred
- Strong attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to show discretion, poise and good judgement in all situations
- Ability to treat sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista's investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.