IT Problem Manager, Senior
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the Role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Problem Manager in our Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations (IECO) organization to drive problem resolution efforts through root cause analysis and problem remediation to improve the availability of critical systems. You will leverage your experience and savvy to lead out teams in driving quality by minimizing the impact of errors in infrastructure on the business, proactively prevent recurrence of incidents caused by problems and managing the lifecycle of all problems, ensuring the most critical are prioritized, improved and refined. You will lead key stakeholders in defining critical success factors, establishing comprehensive performance measures and identifying improvement objectives. You’ll need to be innovative and adaptable and be able to lean into the details while keeping the big picture in sight. Whatever the challenge, you’ll always be looking for ways we can do things better.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be highly inquisitive and understand how to use analytical tools to extract knowledge from data. This role requires an individual who understands technology and can leverage your experience and logic to focus on the right things. The successful candidate in this role will work closely with technical teams to highlight solutions to technical problems. Having a background leading complex analysis, projects or programs, being comfortable creating new processes, managing their implementation, and getting results is critical to your success.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the ITIL implementation and execution of Problem Management within our IECO organization
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive problem identification, brainstorming and root cause analysis – ensuring the most important are prioritized, improved and refined
- Deliver actionable problem improvement plans and own them to completion while being accountable for their SLAs.
- Analyze the architecture of existing systems and leverage key data and SLA’s to suggest improvements and optimizations to the quality of these systems to prevent problems from occurring.
- Develop and manage strong partnerships with all teams to guide them in their efforts during the Problem Management phases of the service management lifecycle
- Identify opportunities for automation and work with multiple cross functional teams to make those areas of opportunity a reality.
- Develop process plans and engagement strategies for implementing key improvements.
- Deliver continual results via progressive process improvements that reduce gaps in performance goals.
- Deploy and manage Known Error Database (KEB) to support improved incident management
- Inform daily operations by monitoring and analyzing incident data, including running Post Incident Reviews, collecting accurate incident data, assigning actions and managing action follow up
- Consistently pursue and promote continued process innovation to realize the cultural shift required to enable our organization to achieve, sustain and advance process effectiveness and efficiencies
- Train and mentor new staff on problem management processes
What we'll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum five years of experience in a process improvement or problem management role.
- Practical experience with ITIL required, understanding of Lean and Six Sigma principles required
- Have a strong understanding of incident, change and problem management processes and requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and business teams to drive continuous improvement
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical leadership for production impacting incidents or key customer events
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.