IT Project Manager at SailPoint
This is an internal IT Project Management role on SailPoint’s IT Enterprise Programs team. You will primarily be interacting with “internal customers” from multiple departments within the company. Expect to work with Engineering, IT, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Services to drive cross-functional and cross-organizational IT projects from inception to completion. You will address business needs by evaluating business requirements and helping to identify technology solutions for those requirements.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to react quickly to situations while balancing project deliverables and objectives. Someone with a balanced approach to project management who also has strong technical skills, natural consensus building ability, and a detailed logistical capability would be the ideal candidate.
- Manage and lead complex cross-functional and cross-organizational IT projects of diverse scope throughout the complete lifecycle, delivering results on time and on budget
- Create project scope, plans, objectives, and documentation
- Report and carefully track project status, resources, budget, roadblocks and alert key stakeholders to risks
- Balance stakeholder objectives against resources, budget, and IT architectural roadmaps
- Interact with all levels of company employees including senior management
- Ability to organize project teams to drive results and overcome challenges
- Identify and implement best practices and continuous improvements via post project reviews and root cause analysis
- Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Responsible for project change management and scope negotiation
- Ensure resource availability and allocation across 10+ projects at a time
- Report and escalate to management issues that jeopardize projects
- Help evaluate business requirements and identify technology solutions for those requirements
- Identify the security features of products (including, but not limited to): SAML integration, Basic User and Security administration, MFA abilities, and AD Direct Sync.
- Act as a trusted resource providing technical advice to the stakeholders on IT Architecture
You truly enjoy leading project teams, working with technology, and solving business problems in innovative ways. You have the ability to overcome obstacles and deliver consistent results. You have a solid understanding of IT technologies and cloud applications and services. You want to see the continued acceptance and success of IT solutions at SailPoint. You are an integral consensus builder of various stakeholders at different levels of the organization, you are an excellent communicator, diplomatic, and timely in conveying deliverables.
- 3-5 years minimum of program management or project management in an enterprise-level environment
- Complete understanding and application of project management principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry PM best practices.
- Strong IT business analysis skills
- Solid technical knowledge of IT systems, applications, and cloud services including major enterprise SaaS business applications and enterprise IT architectures
- Experience evaluating and implementing technical solutions to solve business problems (especially in the SaaS space)
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Proven ability to develop requirements, document business processes and workflows, and prioritize stakeholder needs against product features
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to build a final consensus on a common set of requirements from all clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to guide a mature IT implementation process while still maintaining an adaptable “start-up” mindset
- Ability to lead and influence a project team that does not directly report to you
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedication to customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business, or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.