At Cerity, we’re pushing the boundaries to bring small business owners an innovative approach to workers’ comp insurance. In the modern business world, we’re helping you operate smarter. We are a different kind of company, one that wants to make insurance easy because it should be. Our goal is to make it easy for small business owners to protect their business. We believe small business owners need a simple no-hassle way to buy workers’ comp insurance. Using innovative digital solutions, we created a product that made the process simple while being transparent about what our customers are buying. Our top priority is to provide a product that helps small business owners protect their business when the unexpected happens. At Cerity, we are a team of advisors, educators and partners working to help small business owners save more in the long run. We are going further to help your business move forward.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual, a self-starter and team player, with a strong drive for results and continual improvement. The IT Specialist will provide desktop support in our primarily MacBook and linux based environment, coordinate and effectively apply policies, procedures, and practices of G Suite and DAAS based products. The ideal candidate for this position has an understanding of information security and an aptitude to learn and grow in many areas of Information Technology. Other Information Technology duties as assigned. Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and multi-task on a daily basis.
- Assist with day-to-day IT administration with focus on G-Suite Apps
- Coordinate and assist with tasks related to the Technical Operations
- MacBook device management
- Field basic requests from team members and elevate when necessary
- General network troubleshooting and maintenance (DHCP, firewall/router, AP, IP troubleshooting)
- Other Information Technology duties as assigned
- B.S. Computer Science and/or 2+ years of experience in a technology setting.
- System Administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix or Windows systems (from kernel to shell and beyond, file systems and client-server protocols)
- Experience with G Suite administration
- General understanding of one or more Internet technologies: web-tech (HTTP, DNS, TLS), email (SMTP, anti-spam, anti-phishing), networking (routing, TCP/IP), IP telephony (SIP, H323), Identity (AD, LDAP, SSO, OAuth, AuthSub) and HTML5
- Understanding Databases
- Outstanding troubleshooting, attention to detail, and communication skills (both verbal and written) in a fast-paced setting