ITIL / ServiceNow (ITSM)
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Job Title: IT Service Management Analyst
Location: Austin, Texas US
The IT Service Management Analyst is responsible for improving ITIL-aligned ITSM process maturity and compliance. This position plays an important role in the company’s global operational excellence strategies. As a subject matter expert in service management, the Service Management Analyst has a primary focus on Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and will lead projects to identify and execute improvements in processes and tools. This role will also lead daily operational activities, carry out activities as assigned, chair the CAB and measure process quality and compliance. This role will provide support, guidance, and training to the IT community and assist with the promotion and communication of the process to all parties involved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Works with service owners, operation teams and senior management to understand needs and requirements on both operational efficiency and quality;
- Manage and improve IT service operation including incident and problem management change management, configuration management processes;
- Interact with the infrastructure teams and business users to gather facts and analyze improvement opportunities on operational processes and tools,
- Performs discovery and design work shops with other members in the Service Management team to produce improvement proposals on ITSM processes and practices;
- Leads the process design improvements and produce necessary deliverables and documents, including process designs, roles & responsibilities and KPIs;
- Leads the rollout of new processes or improvements on existing processes or tools and systems, and provide necessary training to the operation team;
- Work with technical architects and related stakeholders to design, improve and maintain the incident management process and the ticketing system tools;
- Serves as primary contact point in incident and problem management, including tracking and managing major incidents through the complete incident life cycle, and identify solutions preventing re-occurrence of incidents;
- Ensuring process adoption and compliance through communication and training
- Works closely with IT service owners and delivery leads to ensure the smooth delivery of IT changes and projects;
- Monitors the daily operation of the ITSM processes to ensure good execution and compliance, identify and address any incompliance or cross technology process improvement initiatives;
- Assists as a subject matter expert for process integration and automation opportunities;
- Recommends any improvements regarding processes, reporting, communication, training and tools;
- Provides support and proposal to service owners with a view to continuously improving service quality;
- Maintains the documentation & knowledge articles that support IT service management processes;
- Organizes training and communications to promote the IT service management processes and practices in IT community and user community;
- Collaborates with service owners and teams to ensure that all applicable IT policies and procedures are followed;
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience preferred.
- In-depth understanding and experience with ITIL framework and ITSM best practices, specifically Incident, Problem and Change management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP);
- 5 years of job related to ITSM work experience and process management;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and team player skills, able to mediate conflicts, recognize options, propose and implement solutions
- Proven ability to identify resource needs, perform quality review, and escalate workflow issues appropriately.
- Proven ability to navigate the technology environment and work effectively with multiple groups.
- ITIL certified to a minimum of foundation level but preferably to higher ITIL v3 certification
Preferred Skills and Background
- Working Experience related to IT operation support, including systems and networking, performance, and availability monitoring and analysis;
- Experience with Service Operations in a global in multinational companies is preferred;
- Experience building and coding Configuration Management Databases (CMDB) strongly preferred;
- Experience developing and implementing Operating Level Agreements (OLA’s).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience in designing and deploying Incident, Change management processes in Salesforce platform;
- Experience in planning and implementing process integration and automation;