Junior Technical Support Engineer - Americas at Plivo
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:07 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 29, 2020
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain end to end knowledge and be hands-on on our products and will be responsible for support delivery to our customers on support incidents
- Will be the first point of contact for Plivo's customers and will help in answering their queries and resolving their issues
- Will collaborate with various cross-functional teams within Plivo and our telecom partners to resolve a customer problem, work on product supportability and assist on on-boarding customers
- Will use your intellect and creativity to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues and also manage critical issues
- Communicate with Plivo's customers via phone, email, and chat channels
- Do precise scoping of technical issue and set the right expectations with the customer
- Monitor and resolve all tickets coming into the support ticketing system from customers and telecom partners in the shortest time
- Maintain ownership of issues until resolved completely and show a high degree of customer focus
- Provide customers with reliable technical solutions and a consistently exceptional service experience
- Maintain strong working knowledge of Plivo's line of current and pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement by reporting defects and requesting enhancement
- Contribute in developing technical content and IPs such as knowledge-base articles, sample scripts, proof of concept, diagnostic tools etc.
- 0-2 years of experience supporting web based software platforms for 0-2 years
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and debug software, understand customer requirements and workflow, and resolve complex technical issues
- Understanding on fundamentals of SQL, Networking (TCP/IP), and HTTP
- Understanding and hands-on on at least one of the programming languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, DotNet)
- Knowledge of Linux commands is a plus
- Obsessed with customer support and delighting the customers
- Willing to work on weekends
Perks and Benefits
- Ownership driven culture
- Company-paid medical insurance
- Health, vision and 401K benefits
- Generous vacation policy
Read Full Job Description