RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our North Star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Credit & Collections team at RigUp serves as P&L protector, ensuring the health and sustainability of our growth. With a finger on the pulse of incoming business as well as legacy revenue drivers, the team’s different functions collaborate to anticipate developing exposures and mitigate potential risk across the organization.
RigUp is hiring a Lien Associate that will be responsible for the organization, delivery, and filing of lien notices and liens to secure outstanding receivables related primarily to work performed on Renewable Energy Construction projects. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who operates with a high degree of organization and proactiveness, Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare the notices of intent to lien as well as lien filings on Renewable Energy Construction projects performed across the United States
- Track filing deadlines for projects across a number of clients, entities, and regions
- Research lien-filing regulations to create standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with Collections, Invoicing, and Sales counter parties to guarantee accuracy of exhibits and provide transparency of actions, both upcoming and already taken, on each account
- Report material filings or deadlines for monthly executive review
What you should have:
- Legal background (JD strongly preferred)
- Comfort and experience with establishing effective processes
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of organization; filing schedule is continuously revolving given the number of states across which projects are located
- Experience reviewing and drafting lien filings or similar documents (grants, bankruptcy filings etc)
- Experience collaborating with non-legal business partners
- Action-oriented disposition balanced by a developed business acumen
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description