Major Incident Manager at Q2
Q2 Software has an immediate opening for Major Incident Manager reporting through the Q2 Integrated Operations Center (IOC) organization and directly to the Incident Response Manager. The Major Incident Manager will serve as a single point of contact, responsible for driving the resolution of major incidents impacting service availability across multiple digital channels. The position will involve leading incident conference bridge calls, engaging the appropriate resolver teams, providing status updates to internal and external stakeholders and capturing documentation of ongoing actions throughout the incident.
The Major Incident Mnaager will collaborate across business and technology organizations to improve processes and procedures for effectively coordinating incidents and perform post-event activities in close alignment with IT and other operational teams.
The ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of experience working in a 24x7 environment that provides incident response for business-critical systems. They will be skilled and energetic with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. The candidate should be open to new challenges, strong at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. The candidate should drive continuous process improvement and collaborate effectively with operational teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
- Ensure that technical issues affecting Digital Channel Service Delivery are responded to and that normal service operations are restored as quickly as possible
- Provide customer facing communications within documented service levels during service interruptions
- Document investigative and remediation actions taken during incidents
- Create post-event remediation records with incident details documentation and action items
- Maintain escalation and contact lists for mission critical assets
- Prepare and revise incident management processes, policies and escalation procedures on a regular basis to drive efficiencies and effectiveness in responding to issues
- Conduct post-mortem reviews and prepares formal incident reports
- Ensure incidents are escalated and facilitated to enable efficient and timely service restorations
- Communicate with all levels of management
- Recommend opportunities for process improvements
- Escalate as necessary to ensure the right teams are engaged in remediation efforts
- Administer internal and external tools used by the Incident Response team
- Work closely with the Integrated Operations Center to triage and proactively respond to potential impact
- Compile reports, and metric data related to service interruptions, Incident Response program performance, availability and other areas as needed
- Identify persistent or recurring problems and recommends creative solutions
- Complete ad-hoc and ongoing projects on an as-needed basis
- Ensure all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in the field of Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Management, etc.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years working in an Incident Management role.
- Familiarity with a wide range of technologies and infrastructure
- ITIL Foundations certification or relevant experience working in an ITIL Incident Management role
- Self-driven and effective communicator
- Good Inter and Interpersonal skills and ability to form strong relationships