Manager, IT Change Management
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations (IECO) is transforming into a best-in-class cloud-ready organization optimized for our modern cloud solutions. We’re doubling down on quality and process, and ramping up our automation capabilities, to deliver the highly scalable, reliable, secure and performant platform that will delight our customers. As a Manager of Change Management in Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations, you’ll focus on quality and process to ensure all software, firmware and hardware deployments are planned, validated and released with reliability, scalability, supportability and security across our cloud based and physical environments. You’ll evolve the change process by innovating automated methods of discovering, logging and delivering change while reducing risks and improving stability. And, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the ITIL execution of Change Management within our IECO organization.
- Cultivate a diverse, high-performing team that develops, recognizes and retains the best people and challenges them to advance their technical and engineering skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies and to transition from physical to cloud based infrastructure.
- Direct daily 24/7 operations of the team; enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational effectiveness metrics and ensuring problems are identified and solved quickly and efficiently.
- Oversee the production pipeline and ensure deployments minimize downtime to end users and customers
- Works collaboratively with technology teams involved in the release process to ensure compliance with defined SLA’s.
- Define and implement global, corporate measures of change management performance, producing and presenting regular management analysis and reports.
- Consolidate and harmonize global change management process in assurance of consistent execution across varied teams, offices and acquisitions
- Evolve the change process by innovating automated methods for ways of discovering, logging and delivering change while reducing risks and improving stability.
- Effectively collaborate in vendor engagements to expand our workforce capacity as needed.
- Foster a culture that leverages metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Change Management leadership supporting large and complex 24x7 environments
- Minimum of 3 years in the implementation of cloud technologies preferred
- Experience establishing and managing vendor relationships required
- Experience working with large and geographically distributed teams required
- Practical experience with ITIL required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.