Manager, Network Operations Center
Manager, Network Operations Center
Procore is looking for a Manager, Network Operations Center to join our IT Engineering team. To support our growing customer base and cloud infrastructure, we’re building a 24/7 Network Operations Center (NOC) team to serve as the front line of defense for our services. NOC manages the monitoring and response of Procore’s public-facing and internal services, providing premium uptime to our customers.
As our NOC Manager, you’ll build our operations center to help improve our response to failure, manage escalations, triage software problems, and be an integral part of our incident response protocol. Successful candidates have a proven track record of building and leading technical teams, supporting SaaS applications, distributed cloud infrastructure, and building a world-class Network Operations Center.
This position is based in our downtown Austin office.
What you’ll do:
- Create and manage all enterprise event management monitoring activities including IT systems, network, servers, database application, capacity, and facilities event management
- Partner with operational teams to ensure front line contact center contingency plans are executed; providing guidance to our agents and proactive customer communication
- Implement best-in-class monitoring tools, drive best practices, and establish processes to proactively address events and resolve customer issues
- Develop processes and tools that ensure capabilities are effectively transitioned to operations, including the existence of adequate monitoring and comprehensive playbooks for quick resolution of incidents
- Manage Operation Dashboards, operational results/reporting, system/network uptime, performance standards and KPI metrics
- Trouble ticket management (incident through to resolution)
- Develop and maintain training requirements with team and assess performance in event management activities
- Supervise, recruit, and train a team to support a rapidly growing company; provide career opportunities to ensure the successful management of all functions
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels at all times within the NOC framework to support 24/7/365
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a technical or network operations support environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of running a NOC/IOC for a SaaS or similar operation
- Data driven decision maker with impeccable planning, organization, and communication skills
- Experience building process around escalation, incident management, and problem triage
- Outstanding upward communication skills; ability to effectively communicate outages to senior leaders and executives
- Expert with enterprise monitoring tools including Nagios, AppDynamics, Logic Monitor, Splunk, Datadog, New Relic, etc.
- Strong knowledge of JIRA/Confluence
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, SNMP, UNIX/Linux/Windows Server Operating Systems
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and/or supporting applications and services in AWS, GCP or Azure (preferably AWS)
- Experience working with ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem, and Change Management; ITIL certification is a plus
- Python scripting, CCNP, PCNSA, PMP certifications are a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.