Network Engineering Manager at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
Can you track fast growth at the high and low level? Can your knowledge and experience with planning, implementing, and scaling data centers help a company avoid problems? If you are excellent at building and managing data centers, come join the Engineering team at CrowdStrike! You will use your extensive knowledge of routers, network gear, servers, AWS, power systems, and planning to help plan build and operate data centers.
About the Role
- Plan data center builds for agile use and deployment.
- Product periodic status reports on data center progress and performance and costs.
- Work with capacity planning and sales to ensure needed growth.
- Gather historical trends to use for forecasting growth.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university. Equivalent field experience considered.
- 4+ years experience preferred with direct experience either as a systems administrator, data center technician or similar.
- Somewhat proficient in the Python and Shell scripting programming languages with at least 3+ years experience developing code in these languages.
- Ability to communicate technical detail into succinct and fact-based business terminology, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status updates, and producing high-quality work product.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Work experience in data center, telecom, SaaS, or cloud operations companies.
- Proficiency with excel, and other modeling systems.
- Proficiency with current cloud technologies.
- Proficient with various computer system and networking vendors such as Dell, SuperMicro, Arista, Palo Alto, Juniper, NetApp, Cisco, HP, etc..
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.