Office Coordinator– Austin, TX
Amherst is a data, analytic, and research-focused financial services holding company with expertise in the real estate, mortgage and related structured finance markets. Amherst, combined with its subsidiaries and affiliates, has more than 1500 employees and more than $4 billion in assets under management, and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight.
A day in the life of an Office Coordinator
The Office Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that our Amherst headquarters is a welcoming place for our guests and our employees. It is important that this position exudes our culture and core values while providing an exceptional experience for both internal and external customers. This position will report to the Vice President of Facilities Management and Planning.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Help maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary for guests and maintaining a visitor log.
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes and making travel plans.
- Answering phones in a professional manger and routing calls as necessary.
- Assist in making travel arrangements and schedule meetings based on all partner’ itineraries.
- Manage our employee Break Room & Kitchen including ensuring we have the supplies needed, organizing and backfilling any snacks and sodas, keeping coffee pots filled and also cleaned out at the end of the day, running the dishwasher at the end of the day.
- Manage our copy room ensuring we have the supplies needed and handling any issues with the copier/printer including toner re-stocking.
- Organize regular pick-ups for Balcones Shred
- Assist with the planning and coordination of our annual events which include our Summer Outing and Holiday Party.
- Assist in the coordination of any office or desk moves to ensure ease, efficiency, and minimal disruptions to employees.
- Coordinate as needed with our office supply vendors including Breakroom/Kitchen, Office Furniture, Plant Maintenance and other vendors.
- Assist the Executive Administrative Assistant with any event or meeting planning, set-up, and break down as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties as requested.
What you’ll need to have
- Enthusiasm and passion for Amherst and it's subsidiary's culture and core values.
- Service-minded approach to all aspects of the job.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for delivering and ability to demonstrate an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong organization skills with a professional demeanor and ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and friendly phone presence.
Just a few other things you should know
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- This position requires no travel and will be based in our Austin office.
Read Full Job Description