Named one of the Top 50 Start-Ups by Built In Austin, Skills Fund is the leading lender in the United States for skills-based higher education. We underwrite higher education programs based on their jobs outcomes for students, and offer their students access to competitive financing products that empower them to transform their careers and lives.
Since our founding 2 years ago, we’ve enabled thousands of students to obtain a high return on their education.
What's the opportunity?
- Maintain and update lending databases and systems to ensure loan application, funding, and servicing processes operate accurately and efficiently
- Drive and execute standing deliverables and exceed established metrics for system accuracy and availability
- Be the expert in all Skills Fund lending systems from our application platform and school interfaces to our reporting portals and ticketing software
- Collaborate with team members across the company to address ad hoc reporting and data needs
- Create and maintain best practices and process documents related to all company systems and interfaces
- Continuously evaluate business requirements and recommend technologies to drive scale, improve efficiency, and enhance security
- You love the challenge of working across a range of functions and thrive on ambiguity.
What does it take to succeed?
Attitude: Positive, tenacious, curious, fun, inviting, warm. No BS. Zero office politics. No task is below you. If you’re seeking to be a specialist in back-end or front-end, this position isn’t for you. We all act with ownership over the company’s success and love having responsibility over many areas.
Qualities: Purpose-driven. Relentless in achieving important results. Have uncommonly high standards. Eager to take ownership. Exquisite ability to shift and focus and juggle many responsibilities at once. Welcome ambiguity and have a bias to action, even in its midst.
Disorders: Must love details and combing through large data sets to a fault. You dream of scalable systems that build trust with customers via efficient processes and real time information.
Time: You’re ready for game time anytime. 9 – 5 = 4.
Fun: Must know it, have it, and be able to inspire. You find joy in hard work.
Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.
What do you need to apply?
Experience with Business Objects, SQL, Access, and Excel analytics.
How do you apply?
In your cover email, please include an explanation as to why you want to join the team at Skills Fund based on the company’s purpose, the Skills Code, or the Skills Fund Compensation Philosophy found at https://skills.fund/careers. Email this plus your resume to [email protected]
Include in your brief explanation the answer to the below questions:
Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Skills Fund? Yes/No
Will you now or in the future require Skills Fund to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status. Yes/No