- Lead the local Market Managers, Market Executive Directors, and other in-market leaders in overseeing and executing Bright Health Plan’s, Care Partner and Network provider partnership and performance within your assigned territory.
- Develops and ensures execution of a market-wide strategic plan that aligns growth, network, clinical, corporate development, and other market activities taking into account direction and input from Bright Health Plan and other Bright organizational leadership.
- Own accountability for driving performance across all markets and Lines of Business in the assigned territory.
- Oversee the local Care Partner and network strategy including network development, provider contracting, engagement, renewal
- Partner with Health Optimization and Market Success teams to implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers
- Work closely with the Care Partners and providers in the Markets on day-to-day Bright Health Plan operations across all Lines of Business
- Work closely with Care Partners and to Achieve MCR and quality targets
- Work closely with Line of Business teams, including Bright Health Plan businesses, on new market entry strategies, including product launches and market expansions.
- Partner with the sales team in executing on distribution and sales initiatives to drive high revenue and membership targets
- Work closely with the DOI and Bright Health legal team to ensure compliance
- Manage a senior team, helping to develop leaders and achieve objectives across a geographically dispersed team.
- Support Bright Health Care in acquisition, business development, and other activities within the territory.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, healthcare administration, or a related field is required; MBA is preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in healthcare, ideally inside provider and payer settings, with at least five (5) or more years of experience or knowledge of managed care, network development, or network management
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing senior level contributors
- Local market knowledge of the healthcare payer and/or provider landscape
- Large project and program management experience.
- Familiarity with Individual, Commercial and Medicare products, including development and execution of growth and distribution initiatives.
- Experience working with clinical, sales, and product teams to design and implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment and comfort with shared accountability:
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with the sales team in executing on high revenue and membership targets,
- Strong collaboration skills to partner closely with other Bright Health leaders to design and implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers.
- Leadership skills that extend cross-functionally, spanning operations, clinical, provider relations, marketing, distribution and sales in such a way that achieves an exceptional experience for members, clinicians and distribution partners.
- Strong relationship skills within the healthcare provider space
- Results oriented, capable of clearly translating strategic objectives into implementable processes that drive outcomes.
- Inspirational, respectful and effective team leadership.