Principal Network Engineer
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Principal Network Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions. And you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction
To be successful in this role, you will need to actively engage in navigating the intersection of engineering and operations. You will dive into the details to understand a complex system of environments and applications, with a drive to identify opportunities to streamline and automate wherever possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for leading network infrastructure technical design and reviewing existing systems to ensure optimal and efficient performance of the networks supporting our applications, systems and environments.
- Own responsibilities with a customer-first mindset, alignment on business priorities, focus on operational effectiveness metrics (SLA/OLAs) and drive to predictably and efficiently deliver on your commitments.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Drive capacity and performance management for the network infrastructure to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Create and maintain accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service, followed by root cause analysis and permanent resolution.
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors expanding our workforce capacity as needed.
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving technologies.
What we'll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Professional (Routing & Switching and/or Security) required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience architecting and implementing enterprise infrastructure network solutions in complex environments.
- Experience acting as a technical lead for escalations and mentoring other members of the team
- Expert knowledge supporting and troubleshooting routing protocols (BGP/OSPF/EIGRP) and routed protocols.
- Proven experience deploying and maintaining S2S VPN, DM-VPN and Anyconnect VPN’s.
- Expertise deploying firewalls and other security devices in production environments.
- Practical experience in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders
- Innovative and adaptable in problem-solving
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.