Production Coordinator at FloSports
FloSports has led the way in establishing a world-class digital streaming experience for millions of fans, families and athletes of over 25 different underserved sports. Imagine creating a digital platform that unites the casual fan with the most dedicated spectator, both experiencing thrilling live events from around the world with interactive features, real time analytics, powerful broadcast technology and more. Combine that with our unique original sports content ranging from breaking news and expert commentary to feature films, documentaries and multi-episodic series. That’s what FloSports is all about. We have successfully revolutionized the global sports media industry- the result of creating a diverse team of technologists and die-hard wrestlers, creators and devoted cheerleading experts, designers and hockey enthusiasts, communicators and motorsport fanatics, producers and casual sports fans… united by a shared passion to delight the underrepresented communities we serve. We are creating a home for underserved sports and we’re looking for people like you to help us!
Flosports is seeking to hire a Production Coordinator. Reporting to the Production Coordinator Manager, this individual will handle assigned event and resource scheduling, coordination of on-site safety plans, and will assist producers with above-the-line planning.
- Meeting with the producer and other senior production staff to examine coverage plans, run of shows, equipment, internet bandwidth, crewing, facility and utility needs for the show
- Estimating cost and negotiating rates of pay for internet and facility fees
- Negotiating costs and approving the booking of resources, equipment rental and more
- Confirming event information and acquiring accurate contact information (I.T., Facilities, Union)
- Post-production logging and capturing (floor plans, internet quotes etc.)
- Monitoring live shows to ensure success
- 2 or 4-year degree required
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a service-oriented capacity, preferably in the technical field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a live production environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; outgoing, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Expertise in MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Sound business judgment and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Adaptable to change, reliable and extremely dependable.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to work hours as required.
- Must be a team player.
- Technically savvy is a plus
- Bi-Lingual is a plus
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open our opportunities up to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized two years in a row as a Top Workplace by the Austin-American Statesman
- Flexibility at work - you can take control of your profession and personal schedule
- Strong remote work culture
- All-hands events hosted twice a year in beautiful Austin, Texas
- Annual equity awards for all top performers
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hack-a-thons and a full calendar of team-building and social events
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company donation to youth teams and leagues that our employees coach
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week