Sales Engineer, SLED
We are adding an SE to our SLED team to focus on our State, Local and EDU business. State, Local and EDU OR Federal experience as an Solutions Engineer/Sales Engineer is required for consideration.
Duo’s SE team is a makeup of customer centric engineers who love providing prospects and customers with an amazing experience. We focus on ensuring technical success with Duo. We work as a team to improve and strengthen our technical and sales skills. We believe in the importance of making a large impact at Duo by working closely with our customers, sales, product, engineering, R&D, marketing, support and customers success teams.
So what does a day in the life of a Sales Engineer at Duo look like?
Expect to work hard and have fun. Duo’s SaaS security solution breaks the mold of the traditional sales model allowing us to move sales cycles at a much higher velocity. An SE will work with many, many prospects and customers in a day providing consulting, technical implementation and demos of Duo. We partner with our account executives to understand and align with our customers needs, develop the technical success criteria to win a deal, complete POC’s and consult through cutting edge security strategies. We are extremely responsive and available to ensure our prospects and customers have an amazing experience with Duo.
Before applying for this position, you should sign-up for Duo and try the product for yourself. We challenge you to set up RDP or SSH in under 10 minutes. Experience why Duo’s customers are so passionate about us that we’ve been called the “The Most Loved Company in Security."
- 3+ years in a similar role selling to State, Local and EDU (SLED) OR Federal
- 5+ years of field sales engineering experience
- Experience selling 6 - 7 figure deals within SLED or Federal customers
- Experience selling Security solutions to SLED and/or Federal with domain knowledge of compliance and security requirements at SLED and Federal levels
- Experience leading POCs for multiple customers in a single sales calendar/period (to support high growth sales cycles)
Network Engineering Experience
- Extensive IP network troubleshooting skills including active working knowledge of tools and commands like ping, traceroute, nslookup and wireshark.
- SSLVPN configuration on devices such as Juniper, Cisco, F5, Palo Alto Networks, CheckPoint, Cisco ASA, etc.
- Able to quickly diagnose network and ACL configuration issues
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Radius authentication
Systems Engineering Experience
- Has setup and configured Active Directory
- Working knowledge of LDAP with ability to troubleshoot LDAP lookup issues
- Has setup and configured RDP with strong knowledge of Windows Server
- Has experience configuring Microsoft Exchange
- Has a working knowledge of Office 365
- Has configured and troubleshooted SAML and SSO
- Strong Unix and Linux knowledge, especially with SSH and PAM.
- Knowledgeable with Identity/Access Management and two-factor authentication
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords for search:
Solutions Consultant, Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, Systems Architect, Solutions Architect