Security Operations Analyst at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to support a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Security Operations Analyst to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Security Operations Analyst on our IT team, you’ll join a matrixed organization with the goal of improving and maturing security management processes. With the support of an exceptional group of colleagues and partners, you’ll assess the impacts of vulnerabilities, develop and implement mitigation plans, and document all findings.
This position will report into our Manager of Network Operations Center (NOC) and will be based in our Austin, TX office located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Manage common threats and issues leading to security incidents, host forensics skills, including collecting and analyzing system artifacts (file system, memory, running processes, and network connections) to assess potential compromise e.g., common forms of malware, credential phishing, "drive-by" host compromises, internal data spillage events, and inadvertent data leaks
- Identify, document, and report security issues and concerns to IT Management and Security leadership
- Develop remediation plans and coordinate activities with other organizational departments
- Contribute to the continuous optimization of up-to-date technical solutions and processes, including analyzing vulnerability reports (Qualys or Nessus related data) and audit logs (Splunk, SUMO)
- Utilize Anti-spam/anti-malware, enterprise configuration and integrity management tools
- Utilize technical basics, including networking fundamentals, common application protocols, system architecture, and basics of software development
- Research and learn new technologies quickly, adapting existing knowledge and processes to investigate and resolve security issues
- Document and provide weekly security incident reports and metrics
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of IT security experience
- Prior experience in a large and complex organization, operating across numerous locations and with a high degree of change
- Experience with complex digital forensic cases or investigations, e.g., those with very large numbers of devices, exceptional data volumes, or unusual data sources is preferred
- Ability to leverage analytical skills to correlate logs from SQL data stores
- Some experience securing applications and infrastructure in Amazon Web Services and similar IaaS/PaaS platforms
- Working application security knowledge, with the ability to map an application vulnerability to exploitation indications and relevant investigative techniques
- Broad information security knowledge, including some familiarity with key regulations and standards relating to security incident response (e.g., PCI-DSS, GDPR, ISO 27001)
- Relevant incident response or information security certifications, such as SANS GCIA, SANS GCIH, SANS GCFA, or Offensive Security OSCP
- Strong Linux knowledge, including familiarity with key security controls and preferably some shell scripting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance or related discipline or equivalent experience
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. All interns joining the Procore team will have full access to all on-campus perks including employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.