Security Operations Support Manager at Cloudflare
About the Department
The Cloudflare Customer Support Team solves complicated problems and answers technical questions via phone, email, chat and social media. Whether it is a Wordpress blogger using our services for free or a global Enterprise business with petabytes of web traffic, we are always eager to assist. We are the eyes and ears of Cloudflare, acting as the real-time voice of the customer to help communicate their needs and real-world use cases back to the rest of the company - for better service and future product development.Description
The Security Operations Support Lead supervises the technical activity of the Security Operations Support team. They will manage the escalation process and review incident and threat reports; develop and execute internal and external communication plans. They will measure team performance metrics and communicate the value of Security Operations to business leaders. They will recommend how to optimize security monitoring tools and techniques.
The Security Operations Support Team provides premium-level support for Cloudflare’s security products and features. Our largest and most technically sophisticated customers will contact Support for assistance and intelligence in dealing with threats or attacks on their infrastructure at OSI Layers 3, 4, and 7. This will span the range of Cloudflare security products from Magic Transit Infrastructure Protection, DDoS mitigation and Network Firewall, to using the Web Application firewall (WAF), Spectrum, Bot Management and Rate Limiting to help customers.
Security Operations Support Lead will help Engineers analyse threats, make detailed and informed suggestions for mitigation and may need to implement mitigation strategies directly on behalf of the customer. They will also provide attack reporting beyond Cloudflare’s self-service reports.Responsibilities
- Monitor and react to alerts to identify attacks
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to mitigate attacks, suggest steps to mitigate, and apply the appropriate mitigation, when applicable
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to improve the products and tools
- Communicate with customers via chat, email, and phone
- Review the latest alerts to determine relevancy and urgency. Create new tracking tickets for alerts that signal an incident and require review or escalation.
- Manage and configure security monitoring tools.
- DDoS mitigation for OSI layers 3,4, & 7: filter malicious traffic using Cloudflare tools like Magic Transit, Network Firewall, WAF, IP reputation lists, packet inspection, blacklisting, whitelisting, and/or rate limiting.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in a Security environment
- Modern internet protocols like UDP, TCP, etc.
- Advanced understanding of iptables
- Knowledge of Cloudflare Security Products & Features
- Technical Support experience
- Great communication skills with high-value VIP customers under attack
- Computer Networking fundamentals
- Command line / Bash shell
- Sysadmin skills (Linux/Mac/Windows) & Programming skills (Python, Ruby, PHP, C, C#, Java, Perl, etc.)
- Security skills and certifications: CISSP, GCIA GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, etc.
- Data analysis
- PCAP analysis
- Calm under pressure
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.