Senior Executive Assistant at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst seeks an experienced Senior Executive Assistant to support Amherst’s CEO, based at our Austin headquarters. This role will provide high level administrative management of CEO office activities, including liaising in a professional manner with prospective and existing investors, shareholders, and employees to assist in fortifying relationships. Responsibilities also involve dedicated personal assistance in managing travel and catering needs, scheduling of internal and external appointments and meetings, and coordination with external commitments to avoid conflicts. Success in this position requires a strong track record with C-level executives, and the ability to quickly add value through utilizing advanced administrative, organizational, technical and communication skills. The current incumbent is relocating within the Company.
- Gatekeeper for the CEO: schedule, confirm, and follow‐up on meetings with investors, clients, internal executives and business partners. Coordination with the office of the President of our Single Family Residential (SFR) business.
- Manage CEO contacts for follow ups, and assist in developing and maximizing relationships
- Manage and execute all CEO travel including coordination with personal calendar and expenses
- Coordinate activities of other administrative staff to ensure complex calendars, travel, meetings and conference calls are effectively maintained for the CEO
- Collaborate with other EAs to ensure cohesive coverage across the C-Suite at all times
- Greet investors, clients, visitors and CEO guests in a professional manner and ensure their visit runs seamlessly
- Efficient and expeditious completion of all assigned activities
- Manage the CEO’s schedule, remediate conflicts, and follow-through on projects to ensure successful completion
- Work closely with, and act as a "barometer" to help the CEO stay tuned into office tone and employee morale
- Provide background, meeting summaries and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments
- Manage logistics and oversee all travel coordination, including expenses, for executive meetings including board and client meetings
- Prepare and edit a variety of correspondences, reports and presentations
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Experience and skills:
- Fifteen to twenty years of experience, including minimum of five years executive C-Level administrative support level; preferably within a financial services firm or similar environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential material and information
- Ability to manage access to the CEO with diplomacy and discretion
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to multitask and prioritize workload with minimal direction
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Polished and poised demeanor with professional presentation
- The ability to build immediate credibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed and comfortable in an “always on” environment
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.