Senior Information Architect, R&D at Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies, creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, is seeking an analytical, communicative, highly motivated, and intellectually curious Senior Information Architect to join our growing R&D Business Operations team! This critical role will be responsible for proactively making information across our internal platforms easily and intuitively discoverable.
As the Senior Information Architect you will be responsible for designing and implementing an information architecture for Unity’s R&D organization, playing a leading role in supporting knowledge sharing, and helping to ensure employees are receiving and understanding essential information to be successful in their roles. Working within a framework of Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity for all, we want you to be forward-thinking and solution-focused, with the ability to combine critical thinking with tactical delivery so that you craft and deliver a strategy that will support the information needs across R&D.
What you'll be doing
- Identify requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling
- Partner with global R&D to design and implement a comprehensive internal knowledge strategy and information architecture plan based on identified partner requirements
- Implement information architecture including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with IT to integrate concepts, visual design, and navigational structure; detailing structure and processes
- Keep an ear to the ground, collaborating with internal teams to ensure knowledge stays up to date as we scale
- Ensure documentation across R&D is current, accurate, and complete by developing and leading a programmatic review and update processes
What we're looking for
- Proven skill as an empathetic listener, inclusive leader, and have the ability to motivate cross-functional partners
- An analytical approach with outstanding communication, active listening, and writing skills
- Experience designing, implementing, and growing information architecture at scale
- Program or change management experience implementing new initiatives
- Be an empowered self-starter capable of working proactively to drive outcomes with distributed teams across multiple time zones
You might also have
- Practical knowledge of learning methodologies
- Library Sciences education or experience
- Knowledge of Unity Engine
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.