Whole Foods Market Information Technology Team is looking for a talented individual to provide support of our enterprise VMWare and Windows Server infrastructure and services. This is a technical role on a team with dedicated and passionate engineers supporting our Windows Server and virtualization services.
This position will be based with the Global Technology Team in Austin, TX.
- Design, install, and maintain Windows Servers.
- Experience with VMWare administration including ESXi host builds, upgrades, and migrations.
- Design and architecting high-availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Train and mentor other system administrators; serve as point of escalation for system issues.
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and/or other unplanned outages, and provide analysis and recommendations for resolution and prevention
- Management of VMware capacity including forecasting and demand management.
- Experience with provisioning and cloning virtual machines.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Experience with maintaining and restoring virtual machine "backups" and snapshots.
- Experience evaluating and tuning for maximum performance and high availability.
- Experience with performing ongoing security checks to maintain security, integrity, and backup routines.
- Experience should include troubleshooting, security, Group Policy design and implementation.
- Experience providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
- Develop PowerShell scripts for administration tasks.
- Partner with other Infrastructure Team Members to learn, develop and enhance the skills needed to support software-based Infrastructure.
- Collaborate with internal Infrastructure Teams to resolve escalated support issues.
- Be self-directed, provide detailed estimates and work breakdown of typical activities leveraging an agile framework.
- Take part in an after-hours on-call support rotation and implement solutions, patching and deployment activities after hours, as needed.
- Adhere to established security, support, and testing policies and procedures
- Keep current through contacts with professional societies and technical publications.
- Maintain awareness of applicable new technologies, processes, and competitive trends.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner companies.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal Infrastructure, Application and Business partner teams in order to facilitate effective technology implementations.
- Maintain technical expertise in Microsoft, VMware, and virtualization technologies.
- Research and follow industry trends around Server Engineering and provide recommendations that influence our strategic plans.
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server operating systems
- 5+ years of experience with VMware
- 2+ years of experience with PowerShell scripting.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related IT work experience in a high-uptime, enterprise environment.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.