SOC Analyst at Procore Technologies
Procore is seeking an experienced SOC Analyst in our Austin, TX office to join a growing IT Security Team. In this role you will be given problems and the tools to solve them, surrounded by exceptional colleagues and supported by incredibly helpful partner teams.
On a day to day basis you will assess the impacts of vulnerabilities, develop and implement mitigation plans, and document all findings. This position will be a part of a matrixed organization with the goal to improve and mature the organization’s security management processes.
- Identify, document and report security issues and concerns to officials
- Follow-up on action items to resolve IT and program security issues
- Develop remediation plans and coordinate activities with other organizational departments
- Optimize up-to-date technical solutions and processes, including: analyzing vulnerability reports (Qualys or Nessus related data) and audit logs (Splunk, SUMO)
- Create actionable reports of findings to be provided to customers
- Utilize Anti-spam/anti-spyware, enterprise configuration and integrity management tools
- Manage common threats and issues leading to security incidents, e.g., common forms of malware, credential phishing, "drive by" host compromises, internal data spillage events, and inadvertent data leaks.
- Host forensics skills, including collecting and analyzing system artifacts (file system, memory, running processes, and network connections) to assess potential compromise.
- Utilize technical basics, including networking fundamentals, common application protocols, system architecture, and basics of software development.
- Research and learn unfamiliar technologies quickly, adapting existing knowledge and processes to investigate and resolve security issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of IT work experience, CISSP a plus
- Prior experience in a large and complex organization, operating across numerous locations and with a high degree of change.
- Experience with complex digital forensic cases or investigations, e.g., those with very large numbers of devices, exceptional data volumes, or unusual data sources.
- Exceptional log analysis skills, including experience extracting data from complex SQL or Hadoop-type data stores.
- Experience securing applications and infrastructure in Amazon Web Services and similar IaaS / PaaS platforms.
- Deep application security knowledge, with the ability to map an application vulnerability to exploitation indications and relevant investigative techniques.
- Broad information security knowledge, including some familiarity with key regulations and standards relating to security incident response (e.g., PCI-DSS, GDPR, ISO 27001).
- Relevant incident response or information security certifications, such as SANS GCIA, SANS GCIH, SANS GCFA, Offensive Security OSCP.
- Strong Linux knowledge, including familiarity with key security controls and preferably some shell scripting experience.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.