Sr. Accessibility Specialist at A Cloud Guru, A Pluralsight Company
Senior Accessibility Specialist
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology and develop the skills of tomorrow. As the Senior Accessibility Specialist, you will work directly under the VP of the Technology Center of Excellence who reports to the CTO. You will be on the forefront of ensuring technology skills are truly accessible to all learners. You will work with partners throughout the organization as the champion for digital accessibility on the Pluralsight platform. You will have the opportunity to work with our teams and customers.
Who you are:
- Passionate about accessibility and inclusive design. You're motivated by ensuring accessibility, not just meeting a standard.
- Organized. You establish your own ways of working, keep track of your own work, and are able to provide updates and insights to key contacts and leaders.
- An outstanding communicator and effective influencer. People trust and follow you.
- Comfortable working with both technical and non-technical folks and can communicate effectively in each group.
- A self-starter. You like to understand the expected outcome, get the context, and then work entrepreneurially to get it done.
- An adept coordinator. You balance competing needs to reach successful outcomes.
What you'll own:
- Drive improvement of accessibility of the Pluralsight platform.
- Accessibility testing for the Pluralsight digital experience. Audit Pluralsight experiences on regular cadence and ad hoc as needs arise.
- Speak to the current state of compliance with WCAG and Section 508.
- Consult with and train teams on accessibility practices. Analyze designs and experiences.
- Partner with sales and customer success to inform them on how accessibility factors into customer experience.
- Build positive customer relations. Represent accessibility on calls with top enterprise accounts; create and lead remediation plans when needed.
- Manage VPATs and versioning.
- Manage third party accessibility vendors.
- Advocate for needs of users of assistive technology - JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, TalkBack, Narrator, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking, switch devices, Braille displays.
Experience you'll need:
- Has run full life-cycle technical projects or programs of an increasingly large scale in a related industry.
- Familiar with accessibility laws, standards, and guidelines, both in the US and internationally.
- Experience with WCAG 2.0, 508 Compliance and ARIA implementation. Have worked with product teams on accessibility compliance.
- Using assistive technologies, including screen readers
- Defining, developing, and performing accessibility testing based on accessibility standards and best practices.
- Working in continuous delivery environments, ideally with autonomous teams working on a large scale web application and/or distributed systems.
- Working across business lines to accomplish collaborative outcomes
- Creating accessibility advocates, even among those with limited familiarity
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.