Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Position at HotSchedules
The ideal candidate will be a motivated team player that is able to learn quickly on a small team with minimal direction. The key for this role will be understanding how data center technology relates to accomplishing business objectives. This person should thrive in a rapidly changing business environment in order to continuously meet the needs and objectives of the company.
HotSchedules delivers content to over 2 million user/day. Your role will focus on providing a positive user experience through high uptime, responsive and scalable systems via intelligent observable metrics and alerting. Keeping systems online, secure and backed up is our number one objective. To that end you will need to:
- Be an effective communicator and collaborate with fellow team members across the company to ensure increased service levels and efficiency
- Encourage and leverage best practices
- Continuously improve workflow and automation
- Focus heavily on performance to ensure end user satisfaction
- 5+ Years as a Systems Engineer
- Backup and recovery knowledge - CommVault experience is a plus
- Virtualization experience with VMware
- SAN storage experience with EMC Unity 400, VNX 5x00 and Dell Equallogic
- Server and Blade technologies with experience in Cisco UCS
- Public cloud experience (AWS)
- Experience with Windows and Linux servers
- Shell scripting, automation, configuration management
- Security first mindset with working knowledge of IDS/IPS, MFA, SSH Keys
- Big data and agent based monitoring systems
Participation in on-call with occasional night and weekend work as necessary
Who we are:
HotSchedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
- We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
- Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.