Sr. Manager, Vendor Management at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Technology Vendor Manager to join the Technology Vendor Management department performing oversight of vendors and contractors and supporting the technology sourcing pipeline. Under the direction of the Director Technology Vendor Management, this role is responsible for managing the contract life cycle for new and existing vendors, which includes assisting with negotiating contract terms and conditions, modifications, incentives, and remedies while working with key stakeholders to ensure that their requirements are met. The Vendor Manager acts as a key point of contact and subject matter expert for contract-related activities. In addition, the Technology Vendor Manager will collect essential reporting requirements to develop vendor scorecards and dashboards for presenting performance results.
- Manage the Technology Vendor pipeline and incoming requests
- Manage the sourcing process for technology related purchases for all HW/SW/SaaS/Cloud
- Negotiate price models with new and existing vendors
- Conduct market research and the RFI/P process for Technology
- Organize and lead QBRs with all strategic partners for Technology
- Manage Technology contracts lifecycle including SLA, Amendments, and changes in scope
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, IT, Legal, or related field and or 7-10 years of direct/indirect sourcing, and procurement experience preferred.
- 7 or more years’ experience in strategic sourcing and vendor performance management
- Experience in managing complex contracts in one or more Technology/IT categories, including hardware, software, hosting, cloud SaaS/PaaS, Infrastructure and service.
- Experience negotiating successful enterprise-wide, multi-year agreements with large IT suppliers (i.e., AWS, GCP, Microsoft/Azure, Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, SAP, IBM, etc.).
- Experience working cross-functionally across multiple departments and teams.
- Advanced experience in complex contract negotiations including varied pricing structures, cost plus methodologies, and tiered rate cards.
- Advanced understanding of finance, supply chain, sourcing, and or procurement.
- Advanced understanding of RFPs, SLAs, and vendor scorecards.
- Ability to apply business and management principles involved in strategic sourcing.
- Ability to develop, cultivate, and maintain complex working relationships.
- Clear understanding of principles and strategies for managing large-scale, complex projects using business logic.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles, challenges, and identify root cause analysis.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced complex changing environment.
- Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner.
- Good sense of humor, ability to handle stressful situations where you are working under tight time constraints.
- Advanced level of Oracle ERP, MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- Experience with MS Teams, JIRA, Slack, ServiceNow, Fresh Desk, and EchoSign.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.