As the Director of Strategy & Planning, you are responsible for maximizing RigUp’s throughput across various business opportunities - existing and new. Tactically, this means that you are optimizing processes, business models, pricing, analytics, product and operations across RigUp’s marketplace solutions. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can understand a full business cycle, how sales, operations, product, and engineering intertwine, and how we iterate on business models to establish a marketplace or compete within a category.
This leadership role is high impact, high visibility, with many moving parts, and we’re looking for best-in-class problem solvers to navigate our constantly growing environment. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Grow and lead a team of strong performers to support RigUp’s marketplace solutions through strategic insights, analysis, and business optimization
- Lead operational reporting consolidation and metric / OKR setting across various stakeholders
- Optimize product and operational partnerships by bringing new solutions and insights to the table
- Build and manage a holistic pricing desk to optimize growth and EBITDA across RigUp’s solutions
- Diligently research categorical opportunities, gleaning competitive insights to formulate ongoing strategy
- Manage a growing team of 5-10 rockstars
What you need:
- 8-10+ years of work experience, with leadership positions in operations and high growth environments
- Prior strategy experience (management consulting, strategy consulting, strategy/planning functions)
- Bachelor's degree from a top academic university
- Top-tier MBA preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and build teams from scratch
- Prior experience liaising with senior management / executive team
- Customer driven mindset, focused on value creation
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description