You have a deep understanding of the complex nature of rapidly expanding system landscapes and the challenges that follow. You feel comfortable building simple controls for processes and cool while planning complex new integrations for new systems. Working with people, both technical and not, to understand what it is they are attempting to accomplish is inherently interesting to you; delivering a robust solution drives you and offering guidance around best practices, building internal tooling, and addressing inefficiencies is part of your systematic processes.
When a technical fire happens, you understand that communication is critical; putting it out should always avoid collateral damage. When you cause a fire, as everyone inevitably does, you take responsibility for it and work with the team to figure out the right way to put that fire out. You believe blaming is a waste of time - when something goes wrong, you figure out why it happened and how to prevent it from happening again in the future. Better yet, you look for how things went right in the first place and improve upon those.
- Ent-to-end mail flow Management of Microsoft Office 365
- Management of Mimecast mail hygiene configuration
- Management of retention and spam policies in-line with set guidelines
- Utilization of PowerShell to automate workflows
- Staying ahead of emerging email threats and adapting policy framework preemptively
- Troubleshoot and manage DNS, DHCP and connectivity problems as they relate to mail flow
- Serve as an escalation point for service desk on items relating to mail delivery and functionality
As a member of the Infrastructure team, you actively seek feedback on your proposed plans and provide the same for others on the team. You’re never complacent with what you know and are constantly seeking to understand how something might not work, how it can be improved, and seek out knowledge to aid in this pursuit.
- Configuration and engineering experience on Exchange Online and Mimecast
- Solid understanding of DNS management and fundamental networking concepts
- Strong scripting skills in PowerShell. Python or VBS is a bonus.
- Knowledge in VMWare, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server, SQL Server, Endpoint Protection, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Amazon Web Services
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to see problems through to resolution and communicate progress and results
- Willingness to mentor and teach people around you
- Mindful of security always
- O365 Administration
- Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge of DNS and mail routing
- Knowledge of security best practices where it pertains to email and DLP