Systems Engineer, Email Services
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking an Application Management Production System Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective bulk email operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security.
As an System Engineer on the Infrastructure Engineering Cloud Operations (IECO) & Shared Services team you will support our bulk email clients in overcoming delivery and deliverability issues by managing our fleet of Mail Transfer Agents, resolving complex Internet Service Provider/Mailbox Provider issues, providing feedback on Email Best Practices, and supporting an application infrastructure responsible for sending billions of email messages annually.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring and responding to events.
- Own your responsibilities with a customer-first mindset, alignment on business priorities, focus on operational effectiveness metrics (SLA/OLAs) and drive to predictably and efficiently deliver on your commitments.
- Work directly with Development and Customer Success teams to improve our overall bulk email sending program acting as subject matter expert around all things email. You will play an integral role in the transition to cloud infrastructure of Email Services.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of service, pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving email technologies.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in both Windows & Linux administration
- Working knowledge of Database and Web server Administration (Microsoft SQL and IIS preferred)
- Working knowledge of bulk mail sending Best Practices including IP/domain reputation, authentication (DKIM, SPF, DMARC)
- Demonstrated experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Microsoft PowerShell)
- Experience with source control technologies required
- A minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (AWS & Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production-impacting incidents or key customer events
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.