Team Lead, System & Network Operations Center at Blackbaud
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Team Lead to join and help transform our 24x7x365 IT Operations Center in our journey to a public cloud model. This role will cultivate a diverse, high-performing team that attracts, develops, recognizes and retains the best people. This person will drive high quality service, process improvement efforts, and identify opportunities for automation wherever possible, ensuring Service Level Agreements can be achieved and exceeded.
The IT Operations Center acts as the starting point into Blackbaud Operations, and is responsible for monitoring events, preventing and managing incidents, restoring service, fulfilling service requests, and maintaining access for Blackbaud’s 45,000+ clients.
The Operations Center is a 24x7x365 environment and operates on 3 shifts. Evening, overnight, weekend and holiday work is required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervise and train, in a coach/player role with approximately 4-6 direct reports of Operations Center Technicians
- Manage ticketing queues and engages in proactive monitoring of Blackbaud’s hosted infrastructure and applications
- Address technical and non-technical escalations and accurately escalate incidents and service requests beyond the scope or responsibility of the Operations Center
- Maintain response and resolution of cases/tickets received in queue against established Service Level Objectives and report on key metrics of availability, incident resolution and service delivery performance.
- Manage and document Standards, Policies, and Processes for the Operations Center including knowledge base articles
- Perform regular process improvement reviews to ensure ongoing optimization
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications
- Responsible for the process to effectively monitor all services that ensures compliance with Tier model and SLAs.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Must be able to work various shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or certification in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years relevant work experience, specifically in an Applications or Hosting provider Operations Center; previous leadership experience required.
- Advanced ability to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, and internet service providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and adaptable to changing environments
- Exceptional capacity for owning issues through full resolution
- Practical experience with ITIL required; ITIL Foundations certificate preferred