Technical Support Engineer at Optimizely
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.Job Description
Our global Support Team provides premier technical support to our customers. As part of the wider Customer Success Team, Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) contribute to the teams' mission of making customers successful by enabling them to realize business value, so they remain customers for life. We set the bar high around giving our customers quick, accurate and differentiated support so they can focus on doing what they do best.
In this role, you will work closely with clients to resolve their problems including debugging complex optimization campaigns, adapting experiments to run on different media types, integrating Optimizely with other analytics platforms and helping customers interpret their results. You will be part of a team that is available to ensure the success of our clients and minimize the impact of any critical issues.
Do you possess technical acumen, love puzzles and problem-solving and genuinely enjoy working with people? Would you like to join a fun team of smart, inspired, collaborative and hard-working people from all sorts of backgrounds? In a company with core values that encourages you to learn new skills, take calculated risks, work smarter as well as better in a team? Then, we are looking for you!
What you will do:
- Debug customer issues, keeping ownership of cases until resolution while engaging other teams as needed
- Delight our customers by answering their questions via phone, email, and chat
- Contribute to our customer-facing knowledge base to ensure they are consistently world class
- Contribute to improving our processes, systems and customer interactions by driving innovative projects to help our clients become even more successful with Optimizely
- Deliver on quarterly Objectives and Key Results that align with our business goals
- Work on personal projects that contribute to overall team business goals
- Based on business needs be on call during off hours for emergency issues every quarter.
- Based on business needs be available to cover Phones and/or Chat until 8pm CT
What you will learn:
- You'll be encouraged to advance your technical expertise, particularly around front-end and full stack technologies
- Become a certified Optimizely expert and be able to demonstrate the true value of experimentation & digital optimization
- How to create and successfully execute projects that are impactful on both the team and company level
- How to work with a world-class team, you will brainstorm, think big, innovate, learn and make data-driven decisions
- You are genuine in your desire to help others and ideally have experience in a customer-facing roleSome experience in front-end web development, web analytics, mobile or full stack development
- Working knowledge of web technologies
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Value a bottom-up culture and are not afraid to share your ideas
- Have a thirst for knowledge, often challenging yourself to learn new technologies
- Have great time management skills and can balance numerous projects at once
- Comfortable with occasionally travelling and working from one of our other offices
- Basic SQL knowledge specifically MySQL, Postgres, or HIVE SQL
- You dabbled in analytics platforms such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Wellness Grant
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.