Multiplay is a leader in specialized infrastructure and hosting solutions for the gaming industry. We are responsible for bringing the worlds gamers together by making connected games incredibly easy to deploy, and maintain. Our technology stack stretches all over the world and our technical operations team are at the forefront of keeping gamers online 24/7. Recently joining forces with Unity Technologies, Multiplay is preparing for greater success and rapid scale.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated engineers to join our operations team, build out our global footprint and deliver world-class customer experience for the biggest game developers in the world. The mission is simple - make sure gamers can game. We use our expertise to make sure our technology stack is fully automated and we place a large focus on efficiency and resiliency to deliver our mission.
Our head is in the clouds, but our heart is in bare metal. You will be working on both physical and virtual infrastructure navigating all the challenges working with full stack systems. You must be passionate about building high performance, resilient platforms, and of course, passionate about games.
- Ensuring all tickets within our ticket system are correctly actioned and processed within agreed SLA to provide a smooth and excellent customer experience
- Actively managing customer expectations and requirements through the use of written and verbal communication and close collaboration with a global team
- Creation and maintenance of customer facing documentation, with a “preventative” rather than “curing” mentality wherever possible.
- Monitoring, responding to and managing service metrics and alerts; prioritizing as appropriate.
- Management of live infrastructure
- Fault finding and technical investigation of game server platforms and infrastructure.
- Communicate with vendors to check, maintain or replace hardware as well as help to identify and fix network related issues.
- Experience, passion and focus in customer first’ environment
- Experience using a handover process to inform other members of the team about work or tasks that need doing. This is a critical process for global teams
- Knowledge and experience working with applications such as SSH, Remote desktop, command line based text editors and network tracing tools.
- Proficiency in navigating and using unix based file systems
- Experience using an escalation / on call system in order to action and resolve business critical tasks
- Intermediate level of understanding with server hardware and experience with identifying faulty components
- Hours of work: Days including weekends shift work (9am-7pm, 5 days on shift, 3 days off
- Gameserver administration knowledge and experience including hands on experience with game server configurations, setups and parameters
- An understanding of the latest game engines like Unreal 4 and Unity.
- An understanding of game mods and how they interact with the base game, including compiling, updating and installation. (Sourcemod, metamod, rust-oxide)
- The ability to adapt solutions and think on your feet when faced with difficult issues or complex tasks.
- Experience working on a shift based rotation.
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools like Puppet
- Familiar with widely open source technologies like Kibana/Logstash
- Experience coding with Golang
- A passion for gaming
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.